Dive into the waters of the Lady of the Lake, sometimes known as Nimue.
Nimue is a recurring character in Arthurian legends. Most commonly, she is the lady of the lake - custodian of Excalibur. She is a seer, a guardian - mysterious and powerful.
Nimue will keep you safe as you work your way from the water lily-like centre to the edges of the lake and beyond. You will encounter challenges as you progress, but there are many tranquil sections to rest between adventures. When those challenges arise, Nimue will guide you with her wise counsel.
Come on a crochet quest with Shelley to make the Nimue Crochet Blanket.
Inside you'll find;
- written pattern in UK & US terms
- charts - right and left-handed
- video of all rounds - right-handed and mirrored for the left-handed
- detailed, round by round help with close up photos
- a full glossary detailing all stitches and techniques used
- yarn needs for 4 different samples made in different yarn weights
Nimue will be your guiding light, helping you create a crochet heirloom with ease.
If you can crochet a granny square, and know the most common stitches and techniques, you have all the skills you need to embark on your Nimue adventure. With the support in the pattern, anyone with basic skills and a willingness to try new things will succeed.
Blanket Size & Yarn
When made with 8 ply/DK/light worsted with a 4.5 mm hook, Nimue will be 158 cm/62" across. She sits well on top of a queen sized bed. You will need 4,183 metres/4,575 yards of 8ply/DK/light worsted that is 2.485 metres per gram.