An exploration of the classic circle-to-square granny square crochet pattern - simple, yet ever so effective. The Dotty Spotty Blanket patterns are perfect for beginners wanting to increase their granny square skills.
Only the simplest of crochet stitches are used to make the dotty granny squares and, with the support included, you will be making your own classic Dotty Spotty blankets in no time.
Inside you will find…
- written patterns for five different dot sizes in UK and US terms
- charts for all patterns
- hints and tips for perfect circles
- full instructions for three different blankets, including borders
- video support for every stitch of the patterns
- detailed help how to plan your own Dotty Spotty creations
- a colouring sheet to help with your colour selection
- a full glossary of every stitch and technique used
With so much support, you won't put a stitch wrong and be gifting Dotty Spotty Blankets to everyone you know.
If you can crochet a granny square, and know the most common stitches and techniques, you have all the skills you need to begin your Dotty Spotty adventures. With the support in the pattern, anyone with basic skills and a willingness to try new things will succeed.
Blanket Size & Yarn
When made with 8 ply/DK/light worsted with a 4.5 mm hook, a 5 x 5 Dotty Spotty baby blanket will be 90 cm/35" across. Perfect for a cot or pram.
You will need 300 grams of the main colour, 60 grams of one dot colour and 55 grams of another dot colour.
Yarn info for other samples can be found in the book.