For a small country on the Baltic Sea, Estonia’s tradition and love for handicraft greatly surpasses its size. Estonian knitting is all about techniques, embellishment and regionality. Each knit tells a story about the knitter and where they live. Aleks Byrd's book Traditions Revisited – Modern Estonian Knits is an introduction to Estonian knitting, both traditional and traditional-inspired. It includes 19 patterns, ranging from mittens to sweaters, that blend seamlessly with modern knitting styles.
Aleks Byrd – whose roots are in Estonia, Canada and the USA – is a knitwear designer based in Bath, UK. In addition to knitwear design, she works as an illustrator and teaches Estonian knitting techniques around the world. In her designs, tradition and Aleks’ own, graphic style meet. With her book, Aleks wants to make traditional Estonian techniques accessible to everyone while at the same time building a bridge between Estonian knitters and the international knitting community.
- 216 pages
- 19 knitting patterns (10 sweaters, 1 cardigan, 1 dress, 1 vest, 2 shawls, 1 cowl, 1 hat, 1 pair of socks, 1 fingerless mitts pattern, 1 mittens pattern)
- All sweaters and cardigans come in 10 sizes and fit a bust circumference from approximately 32" up to 66" at minimum
- Detailed, illustrated tutorials for 5 traditional Estonian knitting techniques
- Both charts and written instructions provided
- Language: English (also available in Finnish)
- Weight: Approx. 1080 g / 2.4 lb
- 205 x 270 x 27 mm
- ISBN: 978-952-7468-09-8
- Printed in Latvia
- Print only, no digital download code available.
Recently Viewed Products